Best Friends and Petfinder.com
are celebrating Adopt-A-Shelter-Dog Month in October.
How Can We Help?
By Jane Harrell, Associate Producer, Petfinder.com
October is Adopt-A-Shelter-Dog Month and there are more dogs in need than ever. You may go to www.petfinder.com for great information on adopting a dog, a dog adoption checklist, tips for the first thirty days of dog adoption and more!
But what if you can’t adopt? Here are some easy ways you can still help:
1. Donate your Facebook status. Just paste this message into the “What’s on your mind?” box at the top of your page: “October is Adopt-A-Shelter-Dog Month. Save a life: Adopt a dog! http://www.petfinder.com”
2. Tweet, retweet and repeat the following (or your own brilliant message): “October is Adopt-A-Shelter-Dog Month. Save a life: Adopt a dog! http://www.petfinder.com #savedogs”
3. Contact your local shelter or rescue group (you can search for groups near you here) and ask if they have a donation wish list or other flyer they’d like you to post around your office or neighborhood. They may be holding special events for Adopt-A-Shelter-Dog Month which you can help promote.
4. Share an adoptable dog or a Petfinder dog-adoption ‘Happy Tail’ on your blog, Facebook or Twitter (hashtag #savedogs) page each day of the month.
5. Sign up as a foster parent or shelter volunteer then tell your friends how great it is. Contact your local shelter or rescue group, or register in our volunteer database.
6. Add a Petfinder widget or banner to your Web site or blog.
7. Write an op-ed about the importance of pet adoption for your local paper.
8. Contact your local shelter or rescue group and offer to photograph their adoptable pets and upload the pics to Petfinder.
9. Donate to your local shelter or rescue group or to the Petfinder.com Foundation in honor of Adopt-A-Shelter-Dog Month.
10. Pass on an understanding of the importance of pet adoption to the next generation. Talk to your kids, nieces, nephews, grandchildren and other up-and-comers about animal shelters and why Adopt-A-Shelter-Dog Month, and pet adoption in general, is important.”
Top Dog, Rover Reporter, Ernestine Speaks!
CHARLESTOWN, CHARLESTOWN, CHARLESTOWN!!
Just in case it has slipped your mind, Crate Escape #3 is opening in Charlestown on 200 Terminal St. in November!! Here are some photos of the area…..
So, as you can imagine, I AM BUSY! It’s very hard to write a blog while being a general contractor, architect and interior design dog! If you feel bad for me, gifts welcome, balls 4″ or larger and cheap rubber chickens.